Re: Minimisation not converged

From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2015 - 22:26:19 CDT

Thanks Jerome,

Problem was solved by running more steps of sd. I have also loaded the
trajectory and it was flipping of a flexible loop.

However in fact with sd minimisation, the energy keeps decreasing instead
of converges. I understand sd is a relatively "slow" minimisation but how
can I tell when to stop? Now I have run more than 100,000 steps and I
choose to step as the decrease of energy between steps was <0.01 kcal/mol.

Regards,
Kevin

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Apr, 2015, at 15:14, Jérôme Hénin <jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr