Re: pressure value

From: Brian Radak (brian.radak.accts_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 29 2015 - 15:30:42 CDT

I don't believe NAMD uses the pressure/virial for anything during a
conventional NVT run.

However, in principle, it would be important to have physically sensible
values for your system. For example, if you had an aqueous system very
far from 1 g/mL density, this would likely be apparent as a very large
external pressure. Put another way, ensemble equivalence between NVT and
NpT can most easily be argued when the NVT density is near the NpT average.

My experience is primarily with biological systems, so this may or may
not be relevant for your system.

Regards,
Brian

--