Re: Dihedral calculation with colvars

From: Kevin C Chan (cchan2242-c_at_my.cityu.edu.hk)
Date: Thu Mar 12 2015 - 06:13:00 CDT

Thanks for the reply!

I understand the fact that wrapping only affects what we load into VMD
after a simulation (coor, dcd, etc.). However my very original question
lies in the inconsistency of my colvar.traj files where I expect the last
line of the previous one should be the same as the first line of the next
one which is not the case.

So do you mean that NAMD reads in a coordinate (either pdb or coor) and do
no wrapping before a simulation? I thought it does or we will have trouble
that feeding a wrapped coor or a unwrapped one would be different.

I will try turning off wrap options in NAMD and try all things again see
whether we will have consistent results.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin