Re: PMEGridSize and parameters controlling electrostatic interactions.

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2015 - 18:11:17 CST

Hi Dawid,

"Low global exclusion count!" is usually a problem with the
preparation of the system. Often it means that you've chosen the
system size incorrectly or you have some kind of clash in the system
that minimization wasn't able to work out. Maybe you have a alkyl
chain stuck inside of a phenol ring somewhere. You can try looking for
problems like this, or if that doesn't work, try rebuilding the
system.

pmeGridSpacing 1.0 means that NAMD picks the pmeGridSizes for you,
which is a good idea, but probably won't fix the problem.

Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311