Re: MD simulation of Linear Molecules (like 2-butyne£©

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 19 2015 - 21:53:01 CST

I don't see an alternative to your proposed long-range dihedrals, and I
can't think why they wouldn't work as expected. You'll probably want to
add those via a patch after autogenerating the rest. Make sure the
dihedral parameters assigned to 6-8-9-10 are zero as it is degenerate.

I think linear angles are fine, as I recall people simulating CO2.

Jim