PRES and water-ions issues with charmm36

From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 10 2015 - 15:30:14 CST

Hello:
With charmm36, using vmd in text mode "vmd -dispdev ...gen" which is
organized in eight sectionsas follows:

!st SECTION
package require psfgen
topology top_all36_prot.rtf
topology myion.rtf
topology toppar_water_ions.str
topology toppar_all36_prot_heme_O2-mod.str ! mod by zeroing charges for O2
topology tip4p.top ! Freddolino kit

2nd SECTION
pdbalias atom ALA H HN
etc

3rd SECTION
segment PRA {
  last CTER
  pdb parts/PROT_A_segnPRA.pdb
}
etc

4th SECTION
regenerate angles dihedrals

4th SECTION
coordpdb parts/PROT_A_segnPRA.pdb PRA
etc

6th SECTION
 guesscoord ! although I furnish a protonated protein

7th SECTION
PRES DISU PRA:4 PRA:12
etc

8th SECTION
writepsf
etc

I gpt two errors

psfgen) Toplogy and parameter information for water and ions.
> psfgen)
> psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE SET
> psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE SET
> psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE IF
> psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE READ
> psfgen) Topology for water and ions
> psfgen)
> psfgen) ERROR! FAILED TO RECOGNIZE 31
> psfgen) skipping statements at end of file due to end or return statement

and

invalid command name "PRES"

I read on the forum how to correct autopsf for the first error. Could you
please indicate how to do for vmd in text mode (I have so many components
that using autopsf is troublesome). In partcular, is "regenerate angles
dihedrals" correctly positioned?

thanks

francesco pietra