Re: Fwd: TIP4P and CHARMM27

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 02 2015 - 12:51:43 CST

Hi Francesco,
Some of this is confusing because timestep has no effect or meaning during minimization.
In general, the reliance of the simulation on such miniscule timesteps suggests to me something very odd with the system. Most likely, to begin with, it needs to be sufficiently minimized before anything else is done. If minimization expels the ion from the protein, then the initial ion placement must be pathologically bad.
Best,
Peter