Re: simulating graphene sheets (with bonds across boundaries) with water

From: upayan baul (margheritan22_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 15 2015 - 06:57:20 CDT

Dear Abhishek,

Thank you for your response.

Using larger PBC did not cure the issue. Increasing PBC by 2A along X and Y
directions resulted in
patch grid error (Periodic cell has become too small for original patch
grid). The PME grid sizes were
also set up in accordance with system dimensions (60 along all axes with
system dimensions < 55 along
each of the axes).

I had tried holding the graphene atoms fixed but that had resulted in the
following errors:
Fixed atoms without constant area : simulations crashed (owing to fixed
atoms at boundaries?)
Fixed atoms with constant area and flexible cell : system expands unusually
along Z.

I tried restraining the graphene atoms (along Z) as suggested by you using

constraints on
consexp 2
consref fixed_GRA_beta_50.pdb
conskfile fixed_GRA_beta_50.pdb
conskcol B
selectConstraints on
selectConstrZ on

and this seems to be working. Further, the sheets are uniformly flat
without impropers, but slightly rough
with the same. So I shall be simulating without improper interactions.

Regards,
Upayan