Re: Format of colvars.state

From: Hossein Mohammadiarani (hm2006_at_wildcats.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 26 2015 - 18:05:19 CDT

Dear Jerome:
Thanks very much for your quick response. I am relatively new to colvars module and have some more queries about the colvars.state file, etc.:

1. For the data described on the grid, is it possible to recover hill information similar to as reported for those hills that extend beyond the grid boundaries. For example, starting at step zero if one wants information in the following format:
hill {
      step 0
      weight
      centers
       widths
      }

2. If one wants to regenerate PMF as a function of time from a metadynamics run that only saved the final PMF, is it possible to do? If so, how to proceed for recovering that information? In my most recent runs, I learned that I can write PMF files frequently, but I have some previous metadynamics data for which I did not save PMFs and would like to recover that data, if possible.

Best,
Hossein