Re: Minimization without MD

From: Ajasja Ljubetič (ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 2015 - 17:18:20 CDT

Indeed there is. Just do

minimize 1000

to minimize fo 1000 steps. Adjust as needed.

Sometimes I find it useful to set a high damping value (high viscosity) for
the langevin thermostat and do cycles of minimization and short runs.
Something similar to the example below.

All the best,
Ajasja
_____________________

langevin on ;# do langevin dynamics
langevinDamping 10 ;# damping coefficient (gamma)
langevinHydrogen yes
langevinTemp 300

#consider also using constraints
constraints on