RE: Using the multi-copy version of NAMD on a linux workstation

From: Avisek Das (avisek_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 01 2015 - 12:22:46 CDT

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your reply. I have figured out the right command line options and it worked. The command I used, which ran successfully, was

CHARMRUM=/home/avisek/softwares/namd-2.10/NAMD_2.10_Linux-x86_64-netlrts/charmrun
$CHARMRUM ++local ++p 32 $NAMD_EXE +replicas 16 initial.conf +stdout output/%02d/job00.%04d.log

If, I understand it correctly, this command runs NAMD with 32 processing elements on my entire machine taking all the 8 cores.

Is there a way to specify the number of processors to be used by charmrun/namd? I mean, what do I do if I want to do the same thing on 4 cores instead of 8.

Thanks a lot,
Avisek