Re: Problems to parametrize molecules

From: Evandro Semighini (epsemighini_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 16 2015 - 14:53:54 CDT

Hello,

I'm using NAMD 2.10.
I searched and found this threads:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/20015.html
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2011-2012/2881.html
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/20301.html

I changed the first line of the psf file to put the NAMD CMAP terms but
things goes the same way as before.
I tried with 4 diferent molecules and all of them get some bond or vdW
error.

I tried to generate the prm and rtf files with MATCH, I was able to run
psfgen with it, but I got vdW errors.

As far as I saw with the ParamChem and VegaZZ, the softwares are not
recognizing the "UNK" residue.

I'm guessing I'll have to follow the "how to parametrize new ligands"
tutorial and split my molecules into "residues", draw them, put the data
from ParamChem and see if it works. Do you think it can work, without the
need of Spartan ?

FFtk asks me to use Gaussian, which I also don't have.

I'm sorry if I look lame, but I'm completely lost.

Thank you for the help.

Evandro

> Hello,
>
> which version namd are you using. searching the vmd-l list or namd-l
> should show that you need to put the key word, NAMD, in the psf file so
> that namd can accept the large atom types.
>
> If you get large errors from the paramchem.org website for your molecule,
> then FFTK in VMD is the only real way to get viable parameters.
>
> A great paper to MEMORIZE is mayne et al. 2013 journal of computational
> chemistry " Rapid parameterization of small molecules using the force field
> toolkit"
>
> Brian

--047d7b41cdb8df06a50513dcd2b3--