Daily cron stalls running NAMD outputs

From: Vlastimil Zíma (zima_at_karlov.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Wed Apr 01 2015 - 03:04:26 CDT

Hi everyone,

I'm using NAMD2.9 on Debians equipped with GPU and I repetitively encounter
wierd behaviour, namd is still running, but no new output i generated -
restart files, dcd, not even the output redirected to a file. I noticed it
usually happens at 6.24 in the morning which led me to discover that daily
cron jobs are run at that time.

Here is the list of my system daily crons

apt
aptitude
bsdmainutils
dpkg
exim4-base
logrotate
man-db
mlocate
ntp
passwd
popularity-contest

I'm not yet sure which one of those causes the NAMD output to stall neither
what exactly causes the stalling. I was able to reproduce the problem on
two of my machines so far.

Does anybody had any similar issue?

Vlastik