AW: problems running amber parm7

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2015 - 01:38:30 CST

Von: Francesco Pietra [mailto:chiendarret_at_gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Januar 2015 08:25
An: NAMD; Norman Geist
Betreff: Re: namd-l: problems running amber parm7

you have changed your parameters to parm10,

Perhaps I was unclear. I wrote that now, with parm10, I am using the same min.conf settings used before with parm9. However, present system was built from scratch by using ambertools14, i.e., parm10.

I mean that the FF has changed.

If definitely everything is ok with your system, than you’d like to put some hbond restraints (extrabonds) to your minimization (and maybe equilibration) to prevent the protein from unfolding.

As I had no problems by using GBIS-SASA, I'll try now by removing all crystallization water in setting up the system in periodic boxes.

May I ask how to restrain the whole protein - to let water equilibrating - in this context (fixing atoms, colvars?).

Fixed atoms or positional harmonic constraints, see manual.

The lack of segnames, particularly for crystal water and the different chains, and the renumbering of residues in amber life uneasy. In addition to (1) amber adpting pdb and namd xplor atom names (2) vmd not showing all chemical bonds commanded on leap and which are written in .parm7 files. So, I am faced with the difficulty of combining the amber withe xplor worlds. Sometimes uneasy.

Are you sure? VMD must show all bonds if they are written in the parmfile. I’m using amber aswell and do not have such issues. The naming issue is mostly only an alignment problem. Where VMD/NAMD align 3 character names like “ H12” amber expects “H12 ”. If you have messages about “added missing atoms” when loading a pdb to leap which produces duplicates, you have likely an issue with the name alignment. An easy option can be to just strip out all the hydrogens and other critical atoms. I have scripts that repair that stuff for me, so if I load a pdb to xleap, I get no complaining at all.

You can send me the pdb and I’ll check it for format issues.

Norman Geist

thanks

francesco