Re: NAMD 2.10 with MVAPICH2-GDR?

From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2015 - 16:54:35 CST

Please try the released ibverbs-smp-CUDA binary.

CUDA + MPI is slow with or without SMP, which is why we put effort into
network-specific Charm++ machine layers like ibverbs. The ibverbs port
can be launched with "charmrun ++mpiexec", which will use the system
mpiexec internally while allowing us to distribute portable binaries that
don't require extra scripting to adapt to a queueing sytem.

Jim