Re: SMD pulling speed

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 27 2014 - 21:16:15 CDT

In theory you can run ABF on top of SMD, but only if you disable the
biasing force. Alternatively, get rid of the SMD and just go with ABF.

You cannot use two concurrent free energy calculation / enhanced sampling
methods at the same time if they both apply forces to the system. The
results are meaningless from the thermodynamical point of view.

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Fiorin
Assistant Professor of Research