Combining interleaved and top posting is considered harmful.

From: Nicholas M Glykos (glykos_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2014 - 11:11:40 CDT

Dear All,

I understand the perceived need to keep copies of all messages of a thread
in each and every message of each thread, but clearly for long threads
this leads to (a) wasted bandwidth, (b) messages that are difficult to
follow, and, (c) it defeats its purpose because it is nearly impossible to
read the whole thread in one message, for example try reading the following
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2013-2014/3205.html

Additionally, by including all messages in a thred since the epoch, you
have successfully killed my daily digests : Due to the size of the
messages (102 Kbytes ~2500 lines the last !), the mailer is forced to send
a new digest for each new message.

Thank you for your consideration,
Nicholas

--
            Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,