Siginificant speedup by updating nvidia driver

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2014 - 11:06:38 CDT

Hi experts,

are there features in NAMD that are somehow en/disabled by gpu driver
version? I just updated my gpu drivers today (Tesla c2050). I'm using a NAMD
2.10 nightly build version from some months ago and got a speedup of 100%
just by updating the driver. Can one of the developers maybe explain why,
I'd like to understand what's going on. My driver updated from 304 to
331.89.

Also, how can be proved PME offload is active?

Thanks

Norman Geist

---