AW: Running NAMD via GROMACS topology

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2014 - 00:33:15 CDT

Von: owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu [mailto:owner-namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu] Im Auftrag von Mike Makowski
Gesendet: Montag, 11. August 2014 01:05
An: namd-l_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Betreff: Re: namd-l: Running NAMD via GROMACS topology

​I suppose I should provide a bit more information:

The last line of output prior to meeting any errors is:

USING GEOMETRIC MEAN TO COMBINE L-J SIGMA PARAMETERS

(note that it said arithmetic mean b​efore invoking vdwGeometricSigma).

Following this there are a series of lines with "ERROR" before proceeding and attempting a single simulation step with energies outputting a maximum value.

Well, what does these ERRORs contain ??

Did you minimize the system? What you observer most likely is just a bad starting structure having to high potential energy (superimposed atoms).

I hope this is clear.

Michael Makowski

University of California, Irvine

Department of Chemistry,