2-residue patch for Asn-Lys side chain amide bond

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2014 - 12:20:46 CDT

Sadegh,

It looks like you've been ignoring most of my suggestions so far. I'm
going to assume this is a communication barrier and show you what I mean
by attaching the correct solution. With this and my e-mail of yesterday,
there should be enough examples available to make it crystal-clear how to
construct simple 2-residue patches, so the next person asking how to link
two side chains together will be referred to these two posts and will have
to learn by doing.

        Kenno.

PS. To repeat yesterday's reminder, most of the patches in the CHARMM
force field should be followed by generation of angles and dihedrals from
the bond list, and this one is no exception. The command to do so in
CHARMM is "AUTOgenerate ANGLes DIHEdrals"; the psfgen equivalent should be
"auto angles dihedrals" or "regenerate angles dihedrals" or something like
that (I don't know the exact syntax).