Re: Force field design

From: Gianluca Interlandi (gianluca_at_u.washington.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 14:22:41 CDT

Sorry, I could not resist googling "University of Hong Kong molecular
dynamics" and found that their IT department actually has a website about
NAMD:

http://www.its.hku.hk/services/research/hpc/software/namd

Not to mention that their Department of Chemistry includes molecular
dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations as one of their major research areas:

http://www.scifac.hku.hk/research/research-areas/chem

But apart from this, I am confident that Abishek will succeed in learning
whatever he needs for his project.

Gianluca

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Kenno Vanommeslaeghe wrote:

> On 07/24/2014 12:03 AM, R.J. Swett wrote:
>> From your email, it's apparent that you are in
>> the pharmacy school of the university of maryland. This school has it's
>> own biophysics division.
>> http://marylandbiophysics.umd.edu/researchandfaculty/ and I count at least
>> six faculty performing molecular dynamics just from a cursory glance.
>
> A small nitpick on an comprehensive post full of golden advice: it is I who
> am at the pharmacy school of the university of Maryland. Abishek appears to
> be at the Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering of the Hong Kong
> University of Science and Technology:
> http://cbmepg.ust.hk/cgi-bin/studentbio_cbme.php
> and he claims there are no experts whatsoever at his institution
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l.2013-2014/2977.html
> So if that's true, he'll have to visit another lab. Doesn't necessarily need
> to be in another continent, though doing so is often an enlightening academic
> experience.

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca_at_u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Bioengineering