Re: Restraints between ion and small molecule

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2014 - 13:16:31 CDT

The approach is fundamentally correct, but may take a long time to
converge. The end result will be a direct reflection of the potential
you're using, so if the latter is not carefully and thoroughly optimized
(which is quite difficult to do for your particular system), the result is
likely to be meaningless. Assuming an enthalphy (delta-H) is really what
you're after, then I'd have more fate in a QM approach. If MM is the
metaphorical hammer, I don't think the problem you're trying to solve can
be represented by a nail.