Re: Reg: deformation of water box during equilibration

From: Akshay Bhatnagar (akshaybhatnagar2790_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2014 - 21:15:30 CDT

yes i have checked. it has been mentioned that this occurs due to density
problems. but the water box i am using is having 1.0 gm/cm3. still the
shape is getting deformed. the configuration is below :

1-4scaling 1.0
cutoff 12.0
switching on
switchdist 10.0
pairlistdist 14.0

# Integrator Parameters
timestep 0.5 ;# 0.5 fs/step
rigidBonds all ;# needed for 2fs steps
nonbondedFreq 1
fullElectFrequency 2
stepspercycle 10

# Constant Temperature Control
langevin on ;# do langevin dynamics
langevinDamping 1 ;# damping coefficient (gamma) of 1/ps
langevinTemp $temperature
langevinHydrogen off ;# don't couple langevin bath to hydrogens

# Periodic Boundary Conditions
cellBasisVector1 35.0 0.0 0.0
cellBasisVector2 0.0 35.0 0.0
cellBasisVector3 0.0 0.0 35.0
cellOrigin 0.0 0.0 0.0

wrapAll on

# PME (for full-system periodic electrostatics)
PME yes
PMEGridSpacing 1.0

#manual grid definition
PMEGridSizeX 40
PMEGridSizeY 40
PMEGridSizeZ 40

# Output
outputName $outputname

restartfreq 500 ;# 500steps = every 1ps
dcdfreq 250
xstFreq 250
outputEnergies 500
outputPressure 500

run 5000000 ;# equilibration run for 10ns

With Regards
Akshay Bhatnagar
PhD Student
BITS Pilani Hyderabad Campus