Re: Rapid and accurate parameterization of new molecules in CHARMM

From: Aaron Larsen (alarsen_at_molbio.mgh.harvard.edu)
Date: Tue May 27 2014 - 19:22:22 CDT

"There aren't 100+ common nucleobases in nature."

I'd like to evaluate many small hypothetical modifications. GAAMP would be
great but they tell me that I don't have authorization to get the necessary
passcode, which is a shame. As far as I am aware the ffTK also requires the
use of Gaussian for geometry optimization/water interaction/charge
optimization etc. steps.

As it turns out, my lab does have access to Gaussian, so this may not be a
limitation any longer but if there's a way that smaller changes can be
evaluated in a more automated fashion, I'm all ears!

Best,
Aaron

--
Aaron Larsen, Ph.D.
Harvard University Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology