Re: COLVAR metadynamics: center of mass of atoms crossing simulation box

From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2014 - 11:41:56 CDT

Hello Lorenz, the centers of mass of the groups are always calculated
without PBCs (hence the need to disable wrapAll in many cases), but mutual
distances between the centers are instead calculated with PBCs.

This hasn't happened frequently before, but if you need it we can probably
add the forceNoPBC feature used in the distance-based variables to angle
and dihedrals as well in the coming release.

Giacomo