Re: colvars angle centerReference

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 09:22:10 CST

My molecule is quite flexible, so I'm hesitant to use collective
variables based on reference coordinates. With tilt, my results would
depend on the choice of the reference conformation, when there's no
obvious reference conformation to choose. Of course, the angle also
says something about the conformations I'm expecting, but it's at
least easier to explain in a paper. Any thoughts on this?

Is there any advantage to including "hardLowerBoundary 0" and
"hardUpperBoundary 180"?

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311