Re: colvars angle centerReference

From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2014 - 21:41:26 CST

Jim, Giacomo, thanks. Using the nightly NAMD build, Colvars still
seems to be ignoring "centerReference" for an angle. I'm assuming from
Giacomo's response that my expectations were correct — that applying
"centerReference on" on each group of an angle colvar should yield a
constant angle value, regardless of where the atoms go. It seems to be
a problem within Colvars, so perhaps I should have posted this on the
Colvars page (and tried the most up-to-date version of Colvars). But
anyway, I've spent a little time trying to trace how centerReference
is implemented in the Colvars code, colvarsatoms::b_center,
calc_apply_roto_translation()... but so far I see no reason why the
centering doesn't happen for an angle colvar.

Jeff

Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311