Fw: anisotropic pressure control

From: Maxim Igaev (maxim.igaev_at_Biologie.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2014 - 03:47:41 CST

Hi Norman,

thanks for your answer. I have a system (a microtubule) that is
effectively "infinite" in the z-dimention (via periodical boundary
conditions). The system has been equilibrated in the NpT ensemble for
several nanoseconds. Pxx, Pyy and Pzz of the pressure tensor are nearly
equal, which means the system is not under pressure. What I'd like to do
now is to compress/stretch it in the z-dimension by manually
increasing/decreasing the Pzz component of the pressure tensor. I know
that this is possible since there have been publications about it, in
which NAMD was used, but I don't find how it's technically done.

langevinPistonTarget option specifies the total target
pressure, but not Pxx or Pxy, etc.

So my questions is how can I independently control the components of the
pressure tensor in the config file? In other words, is there something
like Langevin piston target for Pzz?

Regards,
Maxim