Re: which namd versions compatible with CUDA 5.5 and other CUDA woes

From: Robert Wohlhueter (bobwohlhueter_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2014 - 12:00:17 CDT

Glory be to god, and Jim Philips!

I didn't quite follow you advice, which suggested that compiling from
source should work with cuda5.5. Rather, I bit the bullet, upgraded to
cuda6.5, followed some advice from the Ubuntu community to work around
the incompatibility of nvidia's libopencli and wine, and tweaked my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

And, voila!, everything worked (using pre-compiled
NAMD_CVS-2014-09-20_Linux-x86_64-multicore-CUDA) -- using 4 cores and
cuda acceleration on my 660Ti card.

Thanks a bunch,

Bob Wohlhueter