Re: GBIS CUDA not yet compatible with fixed atoms

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 16:50:39 CDT

I don't think you can turn it off for one particular portion of the system.

Keep in mind also, that while it may not be charged, and hence the GBIS
portion may not be needed, if you do not have solvent, you may still want
the SASA component for the correct hydrophobic effect (which, by contrast
to GBIS, would probably be very important for your graphene surface).
 Though it's been pointed out to me that implicit solvent calculations, by
virtue of not having water molecules creating interactions, actually
already reproduce a significant portion of the hydrophobic effect without
the need for the SASA correction (which I believe you can turn off
separately from running GBIS).

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student