AW: Hybrid MPI + Multicore + Cuda build

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2014 - 02:13:32 CDT

Yes its possible, but the keyword isn't "multicore" which always indicate a
single node build, but "SMP". So you need to build your charm++ with
network+smp support ;)

BUT, unfortunately namd threats the +devices list for each node. Therefore
it's not possible to assign different gpus on different nodes for the same
job. I hacked the code to allow the +devices list to be accessed by the
process's global rank, rather than the local rank on the node. So it's
possible to assign a individual GPU for every process, which wouldn't also
require a smp build. I can send you the changes I made.

Norman Geist.

---