Re: Protein solvation

From: Kipp Johnson (kippjohnson_at_uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat May 10 2014 - 15:38:26 CDT

Do you mean blood plasma?

Blood plasma is mostly water with relatively high concentrations of Na+ and
Cl-, and some K+, Ca2+, and bicarbonate: I imagine you could add those to a
system with VMD's autoionize plugin.

Adding and simulating the additional glucose, hormones, clotting factors,
variety of proteins (!), CO2, etc. present in plasma would be a different
issue.