AW: Assigning different temperatures to simulation

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2014 - 00:02:58 CDT

Didn't I answer you already?

Well the only way that comes to my mind is modifying velocity restart files,
easy to do if you use "binaryrestart no" in namd config, open the
restart.vel file as pdb with VMD and do something like:

set my400 [atomselect top "resid 1 to 10"]

set my400 {x y z} [vecscale [$my400 get {x y z}] [expr sqrt(400/300)]]

$my400 delete

set all [atomselect top all]

$all writepdb "mymodifiedrestart.vel"

$all delete

Quite easy ;)

Additionally, theres no way I guess to maintain this during simulation.

Norman Geist.