Re: How to maintain Density constant?

From: Kenno Vanommeslaeghe (kvanomme_at_rx.umaryland.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2014 - 10:55:28 CST

It's perfectly normal (and indeed unavoidable) in constant pressure
simulations for the volume (and hence density) to equilibrate a bit, then
fluctuate. As long as the change is not catastrophic (which was not
indicated in Roy's e-mail), there's nothing to worry about. If the density
is really important, one can run NVT, but then one has to give up control
over the pressure.