colavrs ABF restart not matching

From: Kasra Fattah (kasra.fattah_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 11:30:50 CST

Hi all,

I'm doing an ABF simulation, I ran the system for a few nanoseconds and
then I tried to continue that simulation with the respective restart files
from the initial simulation, (I'm using colvars as a library in LAMMPS)
I launched two exactly the same simulations based on the config file and
restart files and also number of processors, but the trend between two
continuations starts to deviate after some time! Shouldn't I expect exactly
the same trends between these two runs? or is there any randomness in
effect somewhere?
I'd really appreciate it if you clarify this to me.

Cheers,
Kasra.