How to apply Symmetry boundary on NAMD

From: zhangxing (zhxix_at_126.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2013 - 17:52:50 CST

Dear NAMD users,

I'm trying to simulate very large liposome (~1,200,000 atoms) system with NAMD, and the speed is unbearable to run the all atom simulation. I don't want to use CG model, for somehow it may lose detailed information. Is it possible to apply a symmetry boundary to run the simulation? In which, the system can be simulated by just using atoms within a small area of the sphere and whole system can be recovered by symmetry later.

Thank you!
Xing