Re: Steered MD along detected routes

From: Munir S. Skaf (skaf_at_iqm.unicamp.br)
Date: Sat Nov 16 2013 - 06:43:08 CST

Dear Johny,

Perhaps you don't need to define your SMD routes precisely along a cuved
path, but it may
turn out that a few (say, 3 or 4) turning points on a given pathway are
sufficient to smoothly
drive your ligand out of the enzyme.
You have to make educated guesses to define the turning points.
Please take a look at Leandro Martínez's work:

J. Phys. Chem. B 2008, 112, 10741–10751
  This multi-point SMD approach preserves the desired physics of the force
profile.
Best,
munir

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Johny Telecaster <johnytelecaster_at_gmail.com

--
Munir S. Skaf
Institute of Chemistry - Cx. P. 6154