Re: Two GPU-based workstation

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 09 2013 - 08:53:20 CST

by the way increasing of the fullElectFrequency > 1 has end simulation
with the errors about unproperly set XYZ of the PME boundaries ( with
fullElectFrequency 1 I use 80 80 120 simulating membrane protein and have
not any errors. How could I change pme options ?

also my question is the optimal balancing of the number of CPUs for each
GPU. Is there some impirical relationships showing what amount of CPUs is
needed for each GPU ?

assuming that I obtained best performance using
 namd2 +idlepoll +p12 +devices 0 ./aMD.conf

I'd like to share some CPUs between both available GPUs for the 2 parallel
simulations.

James