AW: Two GPU-based workstation

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2013 - 04:13:17 CDT

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but:

1. You don't need SLI

2. Just plug in the two gpus into your workstation

3. Run namd and specify +devices to select the GPU(s) you want to use.

4. You are able to run multiple simulations, but as you have only one
CPU socket, this will slow down the simulations cause of shared

Memory bandwidth and anyway shared PCIE bus.

5. You can of course run one simulation using all the cores and both
GPUs simultanously, what is the best scenario here IMHO.

What exactly is your question?

Norman Geist.