bilayer creation

From: Richard Wood (rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2013 - 14:00:43 CDT

Hi all, I apologize in advance if I am asking this in the wrong place, but I've looked elsewhere. I'm trying to build a bilayer of phospholipids and I need to know what is the biggest bilayer that I can build.  I've found that I can build about a 50 by 50 lipid leaf in VMD; I'm wondering if there is somewhere that I can build something larger than that.  I'd also prefer to use a lipid like DMPC and not POPC. I'd appreciate either answers to these questions or a pointer to where I can find answers. Richard Wood Purdue University Calumet