Re: Problem regarding the big DCD file

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2013 - 05:03:22 CDT

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM, Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Ajasja Ljubetič
> <ajasja.ljubetic_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, the mailing list archives
>> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/10439.html
>> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/8918.html
>> will tell you that 5 years ago catDCD was not being routinely built for
>> windows.
>> I guess (sadly) this still has not changed.
>
> what *has* changed is that there are now decent cross compilers and
> since the requirements for catdcd are much lower than for VMD, it is
> quite doable with a few tweaks here and there to cross compile (most
> of) the molfile plugins and then catdcd and link those together.

ok. it needed a bit more tweaking and hacking, but i think i have now
functional catdcd binaries for windows and even wrapped them into a
little installer package for convenient deployment.
http://git.icms.temple.edu/rpm/windows/testing/

please try it out and let me know how well it does (not) work.

thanks,
    axel.