Re: First meeting with NAMD

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.rs)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2013 - 08:46:07 CDT

James,

You could use VegaZZ (for free at http://www.ddl.unimi.it/) as GUI for
all listed. There you have graphical interface and some operations could
be done in, let say, semi-authomatic way. But, _it is strongly
recommendable to more carefully look on NAMD tutorials_.
PBC vectors are written in NAMD configuration file, not together with
coordinates. And for constraints you should make separate PDB file in
which may use occupancy or isotermal factor columns to assign
constrained atoms. For reference you should use same PDB that you use
for coordinates at the beginning of simulation (i.e. starting PDB of
equilibrated system ready for production run).

Branko