Re: Potential of mean force calculation using colvars in NADM 2.9 package

From: Aron Broom (broomsday_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 16 2013 - 07:55:46 CDT

I've always just used a series of simulation "windows" with their own
harmonic restraint and not the "targetNumStages" method, but it looks like
each "window" is essentially only 100,000 steps or ~200 ps? If this is
true, it's possibly too short, and your just seeing the classic problem of
trying to analyze data that isn't equilibrated. Maybe up the window length
to 10 ns per window to get really nice data (obviously just a guess).

Having said the above, the PMFs do look reasonably smooth, so maybe
equilibration isn't the issue.

Maybe run a couple of classical harmonic restraint windows and see if the
trajectories match?

--
Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student