Re: Conceptual questions about GPU acceleration

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2013 - 12:20:06 CDT

Simply put a GPU is a multi-core processor with hundreds of cores and very efficient hyper-threading, thread management and high memory bandwith.

If you cannot extract the knowlege you are looking for from the references you mentioned, then you will have to learn more fundamentals first. It doesn't get more general than those. The CUDA SDK has well commented examples. Look for the many-body example as a precursor to MD codes.

Axel