Re: namd2 CUDA errors for non-superusers in Debian

From: Blake Mertz (blake.mertz_at_mail.wvu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2013 - 13:46:39 CST

Michael,

That did the trick -- thanks so much. After a quick google search, the
answer was right there -- the GPU (under /dev/nvidia*) is owned by
root, part of the group video:

crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195, 0 Jan 29 12:53 /dev/nvidia0
crw-rw----+ 1 root video 195, 255 Jan 29 12:53 /dev/nvidiactl

So a "sudo adduser username video" fixed the issue. Thanks again.

Blake