namd2 CUDA errors for non-superusers in Debian

From: Blake Mertz (blake.mertz_at_mail.wvu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2013 - 16:28:23 CST

Hello,

I realize this may be an Nvidia-related issue, but I wanted to see if
any namd users had run up against this problem as well. I'm running
Debian wheezy with native Nvidia drivers and cuda libraries, and can
run CUDA-accelerated pre-compiled binaries with the apoa1 benchmark
system myself. I have another user who has superuser privileges. She
gets the following error when running namd after ssh'ing in:

namd2 +idlepoll +p4 +devices 0 apoa1.namd