AW: vmd-l: AMD vs. nvidia support

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2013 - 01:05:22 CST

Jerome,

as far as I know, without rewriting the NAMD code, you can't use it with AMD(ATI) GPUs. NAMD is written in CUDA which belongs to Nvidia. AMD cards won't run CUDA code. A language both types of GPUs work with is openCl. But CUDA is faster than openCl on Nvidia GPUs. So there can't barely be a person with experience in running namd on GPUs other than Nvidia.

Norman Geist.

---