Re: FEP calculations: optimizing the dlambda, number of steps

From: Shyno Mathew (sm3334_at_columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2013 - 10:28:10 CST

Dear all,
I would like to confirm the FEP part in my .conf file is correct?
1. Here is how it looks like for the forward FEP :
alch on
alchType FEP
alchFile 04collab_wet.fep
alchCol B
alchOutFile 05collab.fepout
alchOutFreq 100
alchVdwLambdaEnd 1.0
alchElecLambdaStart 0.5
alchVdWShiftCoeff 5.0
alchDecouple off
alchEquilSteps 5000

set Lambda0 0.0
set dLambda 0.05
while {$Lambda0 < 1.0} {
  alchLambda $Lambda0
  set Lambda0 [expr \$Lambda0 + \$dLambda]
  alchLambda2 $Lambda0
  run 15000
}

2. Now for the reverse FEP everything is same except the following:
set Lambda0 1.0
set dLambda -0.05
while {$Lambda0 > 0.0}

thanks in advance for your help,