Re: Steered Molecular Dynamics tutorial

From: James Starlight (jmsstarlight_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2013 - 12:11:57 CST

I'd like to specify some points about steered MD in NAMD.

1) In colvar.in I should define upperboundaries and lowerboundaries to
prevent movement of my ligand in xy plane if it leaves ligand cavity. As I
understand upperboundaries - lowerboundaries = length of the pore inside my
protein . How I could measure it ?

2) What should I do if the bulk ligand (hydrophobic contacts are the main
stabilized interactions witthin protein interior) haven't pulled from the
protein interior although of big forces been applied to all non-hydrogen
ligand atoms?

James