AW: TclForces and efficient PBC corrections

From: Norman Geist (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2013 - 01:19:01 CST

1. I don't think so.

2. To get the clostest periodic distance between two atoms I usually
do (pseudo code):

$xd = pmodulo($x1-$x2+$boxX/2,$boxX) - $boxX/2

$yd = pmodulo($y1-$y2+$boxY/2,$boxY) - $boxY/2

$zd = pmodulo($z1-$z2+$boxZ/2,$boxZ) - $boxZ/2

$dist = sqrt(pow($xd,2) + pow($yd,2) + pow($zd,2))

Make sure to use the pmodulo "positive arithmetic remainder", standard
module can't do negative numbers.

3. IMHO tcl don't mind. Check if you can improve parts of your script.

Norman Geist.